Reglassing / Revamping
All glass-lined reactors, columns and accessories such as covers, agitators and baffles can be reglassed if the steel substrate is in good or repairable condition.
How is equipment reglassed?
The process starts once a vessel has been inspected and approved as a candidate for reglass.
Next, the old glass-lining is removed by shot-blasting. After any steel repairs and modifications are complete, De Dietrich Process Systels proceeds with the glassing process. Here we fuse corrosion resistant DD3009 glass onto the prepared steel in our computer electric furnaces. The end product is a high quality, glass-lined steel vessel or accessory.
What are the benefits of reglassing?
Reglassing is ideal for situations when time and cost are a primary issue.
The turnaround time is within weeks versus months to fabricate a new vessel and there is nearly a 35% cost savings compared to buying a new vessel. Additionally, upgrades such as OptiMix® baffles, extra nozzles (standard or block flange) and insulation rings can be added.
All vessels reglassed by De Dietrich Process Systems come with the same standard warranty as new vessels, ensuring you are receiving a vessel “as good as new”.
De Dietrich Process Systems also offers reglassing on competitor's equipment.
When is reglassing needed?
Glass-lined steel equipment becomes a candidate for repair and reglassing in the following instances:
- The addition of more plugs, patches or sleeves becomes uneconomical, or results in a repair of questionable integrity
- Spalling of the glass due to nascent hydrogen attack
- Galvanic corrosion caused by the use of dissimilar metals in the reactor, like dip pipes, valves and/or repair plugs
- Substantial damage caused from the loss of a repair plug
- Build up of extremely corrosive or erosive products from batch type operations and pilot operations
- Contamination of jacket heating and cooling media, causing accelerated corrosion at the bottom closure ring
- Lack of venting, which can allow corrosion-producing air pockets at the top jacket closure ring
- Damage caused from a component being welded to the substrate during replacement
- Accidental damage to the lining of the vessel
- Mechanical damage, e.g. a workman drops a tool or other object he shouldn’t have in his pocket
- Poor workmanship on a repair
- Thermal shock or stress beyond the safe limits of the glass
Where is reglassing performed?
All reglassing operation are performed in De Dietrich Process Systems companies, in accordance to ADM 2000 and ASME codes. Equipment which will be reglassed will be send in our closest factories.
What kind of document you will have with your vessel?
In accordance with your country regulation, you will receive with your goods the following files:
- Repair drawing
- Reception document(Hydrotest + Enamel controlling + Dimensionnal reception)
- New calculation note when requested
- Repairing file Acceptance from our notified body or yours, in particular: Apave for France (in accordance with AFIAP scope) - SVTI for Switzerland - INSPECTA for Sweden - AIB Vinçote for Belgium - Bureau Veritas for the Netherlands - UDT for Poland - For other countries is used our NB, TüV Süd